Who We Serve
We provide services to adults who face many barriers to fully participating in their community. These barriers include mental health challenges, addictions, trauma, poverty, homelessness, criminal justice involvement, low literacy, and long periods of unemployment.
Transforming lives through Real Homes, Real Help, and Real Work.
A home, a job, a community.
Our Guiding Principles
- The rights of individuals to privacy and confidentiality.
- The rights of individuals to be active participants in decisions that affects them and those who are significant in their lives.
- The importance of being accountable and the necessity of active leadership and decision making to protect the integrity of the Corporation, its members and those it serves.
- To promote and delegate responsibility as much as possible to ensure the Corporation remains strategic in its planning and leadership.
- To recognize the impact of systemic and structural oppression that creates barriers and excludes individuals from meaningful participation in the community.
- Embrace anti-oppressive, inclusive and anti-discriminatory philosophy that recognizes and acknowledges the diversity and uniqueness of every individual.
- The role of the corporation is to create opportunities and to facilitate change through the provision of support and resources.
Strategic Plan Priority Statements
- We are a transparent and accountable organization.
- We are a financially diverse, viable, and sustainable organization.
- We are a well-managed organization that is recognized locally and nationally as a leader in the not-for-profit community.
- We are strong advocates who offer innovative programs and services to meet the current and anticipated needs of our participants.
- We will be governed by a qualified, highly engaged volunteer board which ensures the mission of Stella’s Circle.
Stella’s Circle has identified five core values – our principles and beliefs – that support our vision and mission and shape the culture of the organization. The values were developed through consultations with staff, participants and volunteers. Living these values helps to hold us accountable for our actions and provides us with direction. Click on each value below to learn the definitions and key behaviours for each value.