You too can help reduce the stigma right in your own community. Here’s how:
- Get informed about mental health through the Mental Health Commission of Canada or the Canadian Mental Health Association
- Advocate for people with mental health problems in your community – with individuals, the media, institutions and government
- Demonstrate your respect for the resilience of people who live with mental health concerns
- Challenge discrimination and negative perceptions of people with mental illness
- Engage with your neighbours, co-workers and friends who have experienced mental health challenges; let them know that you are open to talking about it and that you support them
- Support organizations that address mental health stigma and help people through mental health crises, including Stella’s Circle.
If you would like to know more about how you can contribute to the work of Stella’s Circle, please contact us. You may also make a contribution through our secure donation page.