Your Gift of Hope is Matched During #GivingTuesdayNow
Every day as the needs of our participants grow, so too does our need for your support. Donate to our COVID-19 response during #GivingTuesdayNow to help transform lives.
What is #GivingTuesdayNow? It’s a global day of givng and unity, set to take place on May 5, 2020 as an emergency response to the unprecedented need caused by COVID-19, like we’re experiencing here at Stella’s Circle. The day is designed to drive an influx of generosity and support for communities and nonprofits around the world.
Double the Hope
When you donate today until May 5, your donation will be matched by our Stella’s Circle Board of Directors and our Stella’s Circle Foundation Board (up to $5,000), doubling the impact of your gift! The members of our boards have been unwavering in their support of our COVID-19 response. We’re grateful to them for rising together in our greatest moment of need.
Every Day the Need Grows
Every day we are learning about the new challenges our participants face because of COVID-19. They do not have credit cards, so they can’t order groceries online. They do not own technology, so they can’t access our government’s health resources and supports.
“I live with anxiety day in and day out, during COVID19 the anxiety has gotten worse. Very scary…” – Stella’s Circle Participant
Every day we are innovating to keep our participants safe and with access to the necessities of life: from food, shelter, income benefits, to social connection and community.
- For any young woman who’s ever been a resident at Naomi Centre, our emergency shelter, we’re making to-go meals available for them to lessen hunger.
- Our walk-up window at Brian Martin Housing Resource Centre is the only human connection and conversation many participants have in a day.
- Twice a day, 7 days a week, our cleaning staff have given a deep cleaning at Emmanuel House, our residential counselling program, to ensure the safety of participants and staff.
- Participants doing employment groups and Adult Basic Education have been continuing their work online.
- We’ve started making food hampers to support participants who are self-isolating for two weeks and will be unable to access food
- provide vulnerable participants with cell phones to stay socially connected and have access to health supports like 811;
- deliver 1200 nutritious meals (and counting) to participants facing increasing food security issues as physical distancing continues; and more.
You’ll see how your gift has such tremendous impact on the lives of our participants:
“I called my brother and my Nan. It was amazing to hear their actual voices. I haven’t physically [heard them] in years! Thank you!” – Stella’s Circle participant, after receiving her first cell phone
And you’ll hear from our staff as they share what our participants will need next as COVID-19 continues:
“Food will continue to be a challenge for many.” – Stella’s Circle Director
At a time when we are all experiencing the pandemic, generosity is what brings people together across the globe. Generosity gives everyone power to make a positive change in the lives of others. Your generosity gives real hope.
Please consider a donation to Stella’s Circle during #GivingTuesdayNow. Because now is when we need it most. Together We Give. Together We Heal.